Here are some of finer points Illum-A-Window™ :
- Solar-powered so there’s no electricity costs.
- No battery costs; each unit includes a rechargeable 600mAh NiCd AA battery.
- No bulbs to replace; each unit’s LED will typically last for 50,000 hours.
- Maintenance-free use.
- Automatically turns off at sunrise, charges during the day and automatically turns on at dusk.
- No unsightly wires cluttering your home.
- Illum-A-Window™ stays put, and the unit rests against the window glass by way of a premium suction cup, so blinds and curtains are unaffected by it.
- No fire hazard from electricity or from hot bulbs; LED’s glow at room temperature.
- Illuminate any window; no electricity needed and no window sills needed.
- Units come in white, but are paintable so you can match your décor.
Illum-A-Window uses a 5mm LED bulb that mirrors the color of a candle flame. The LED is encased in a neatly designed alcove that captures the light and brightly displays it in the shape of a typical candle bulb. Light is directed outside, allowing you to keep every candle on throughout the night, even in bedrooms. Indoor lighting will not affect the Illum-A-Window’s™ ability to function properly; the unit only responds to outdoor light.
Overcast day? Need Illum-A-Window to shine brightly that particular evening? Illum-A-Window lifts right off the suction cup so you can collect them all and place them around a bright light bulb for the day.
Illum-A-Window works best when it receives southern exposure. The more light, the better! Lack of southern exposure, wooded areas, window awnings and so forth will prevent Illum-A-Window™ from charging properly. However, charging the units outside where they can receive a full day of sun, or placing them in front of a bright light bulb during the day will get the desired results.
Our suction cups are ribbed to provide premium results and are rated to hold much heavier objects so your candles will stay put! Illum-A-Window has a flat bottom so you have the option to set it on a window sill.